Places Still Available For Arts Festival Workshops
22/06/2012 - There is still time to take part in a wide range of creative workshops for adults throughout July as part of Eastwood Arts Festival.
Now in its 12th year, the Festival which is organised by Broxtowe Borough Council in partnership with the Eastwood Arts Festival Steering Group and funded with support from Eastwood Town Council and various local organisations,boasts a packed programme of activities and events to suit all ages and abilities.
The adult workshops are taking place in a variety of settings in and around Eastwood, including Beauvale Priory, Moorgreen and the D.H. Lawrence Heritage Centre, Eastwood and places are still available on the following workshops:
Brinsley Parish Hall, Cordy Lane, Brinsley, NG16 5BY
- Movement For All, 'have a go' dance sessions on Monday 2nd and 9th July, 10.00am until 12.00pm. Specially designed classes for those 60+ to help build up fitness and maintain independence. Free event, including refreshments.
Beauvale Priory, Beauvale Abbey Farm, New Road, Moorgreen, NG16 2AA
- Outdoor Sketching with artist Mike Tomlinson on Tuesday 3rd July, from 10.00am until 4.00 pm. Local artist Mike Tomlinson will be offering practical tuition to help you get the best out of your artwork in this inspiring setting. Participants should bring their own preferred materials and a drawing board or easel. £27.00 or £22.00 for concessions, including lunch and refreshments. Please dress for the weather including suitable footwear.
- Wildlife Photography with Peter Jones ARPS DPAGB on Tuesday 10th July, from 10.00am until 4.00 pm. Capture the flora and fauna of this unique site on camera with 'Wild Watch Tours' photographer Peter Jones. Peter will offer tuition and advice suitable for all abilities. Participants must bring their own camera. £27.00 or £22.00 for concessions, including lunch and refreshments. Please dress for the weather including suitable footwear.
D.H. Lawrence Heritage Centre, Mansfield Road, Eastwood, NG16 3DZ
- Relief Carving in Stone with Andy Oldfield on Thursday 5th July from 10.00am until 4.00 pm. Stonemason Andy Oldfield will introduce the techniques and approaches used for working in stone. Participants are encouraged to bring their own simple design for a square relief panel. Some of this workshop may take place outside. £20.00 or £15.00 concession.
- Watercolour Technique with Peter Welton on Wednesday 11th July from 10.00am until 4.00 pm. Learn the five basic watercolour techniques used for maximising the vibrancy of colour and then put them into practice with help from artist Peter Welton. £20.00 or £15.00 concession.
- Contemporary Mosaic with Peter Masey on Saturday 21st July from 10.00am until 4.00pm. Learn the techniques of this 5000 year old art form and create decorative panels, coasters or mirror and picture frames using a variety of bases and mosaic materials. £20.00 or £15.00 for concessions.
The Wood Gallery, 37 Scargill,Walk, Eastwood, NG16 3RY
- Have a go at Pyrography with artist Elaine Thompson on Thursday 19th July. (Morning workshop 10.00am - 12.30pm, afternoon workshop 1.30pm - 4.00pm). Join artist Elaine Thompson in her own studio to discover the ancient mark-making technique of Pyrography using heated tools on wood. £10.00 or £7.50 concessions.
Booking is essential for all these workshops on a first come, first served basis.
For more information or to book your place, please contact Broxtowe Borough Council on the information provided on the right.
Page Last Updated: 31/07/2012