POST REF: TMH542 - LEISURE APPRENTICE, CHILWELL OLYMPIA
If you are interested in taking your first step on the employment ladder within the leisure industry, this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
Liberty Leisure is recruiting a Leisure Apprentice who will be based at Chilwell Olympia.
The post will focus on gaining the knowledge and experience to enable the post holder to effectively contribute to the running of a duty shift at Chilwell Olympia. Areas of work that form a duty shift vary from cleaning, setting up and taking down equipment, coaching sports and children's parties, repairs and maintenance and customer services through reception. In addition there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to gain further experience with the opportunity to work with the Liberty Leisure Events Team.
The aims of this apprenticeship are to give the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- Complete a bespoke two year apprenticeship that provides a superb development opportunity for the successful candidate.
- Receive on the job training to successfully support daily duty shifts at Chilwell Olympia.
- Gain a broad, working experience of the leisure industry by working with the Liberty Leisure team in areas ranging from coaching and leadership to assisting with event delivery.
- Complete a recognised apprenticeship qualification (which includes a choice of an NVQ Leisure related qualification or Technical Certificates) over a two year period through on the job experience and distance learning.
- Understand how the role of Liberty Leisure and the services it provides impacts on customers and the community as a whole.
Applicants will be expected to have GCSE Maths, English and PE at a minimum level grade C and have the ability to demonstrate good communication skills. To hold a coaching qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
Liberty Leisure welcomes applications from all members of the community, and in particular school leavers between the ages of 16-18 who either live or have studied in the borough of Broxtowe Borough Council.
The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced (DBS) Disclosure.
Please quote reference no TMH542
Closing Date: Friday 27 January 2017 at 4.30pm