Council Tax & Benefits
Council Tax, Benefits & Other Financial Information
The Resources Department acts as the Council's financial advisor, accountant and cashier. We collect Council Tax, Council Rents, Business Rates and other Income and provide help to tenants and Council taxpayers through Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support. We also make sure the right people get the right help with the Fraud investigation team.
You can now view your council tax and benefits details securely online by visiting our online benefits and revenues section. A link to this can be found in the Related Articles section under Payments.
Information and Advice
- Council Tax 2012/13- This section gives details of the Council Tax charge applicable to the various Council Tax Bands.
- Council Tax Advice - This section explains who is eligible for council tax support, discounts and exemptions and also gives details of how to pay the council tax and what will happen if you don't pay.
- Housing & Benefits - Information on how to apply for benefits and who is eligible.
- Business Rates - For information on Business Rates, including how business rates are set, who has to pay and how to appeal against your rateable value, please see the Business section of this site.
- Local Housing Allowance - Information on the new scheme, introduced in April 2008, for Housing Benefit claimants.
- Debtors & Creditors are also covered in this section.
Page Last Updated: 15/05/2013