Broxtowe Borough Council provide a chargeable Trade Waste Collection Service for all businesses and commercial premises situated within the borough.
All trade waste customers have the option to join the trade waste recycling scheme. For more information on what can be recycled use the "Green Lidded Recycling Bin" link.
This service will provide users with: -
- A guaranteed same day weekly collection
- Trade Waste Recycling
- Easy to maintain containers in a variety of sizes
- Free advice regarding waste collection and disposal
- Compliance with Duty of Care requirements
A Trade Waste Agreement will need to be agreed and Waste Transfer Note will need to be signed on an annual basis; this will be issued with the invoice in April.
The cost of the service
The weekly charge for each of our containers is shown below. These charges include all collection, disposal costs, and duty of care certification.
Trade Waste Container costs
|Container Type||Measurements||Cost (£)|
Small 140 Litre
Height: 1068mm, Width 500mm, Depth 561mm
Normal 240 Litre
Height: 1074mm, Width 580mm, Depth 734mm
Medium 660 Litre
Height: 1320mm, Width 1265mm, Depth 740mm
Large 1100 Litre
Height: 1380mm, Width 1270mm, Depth 1000mm
How to pay
Direct debit (Bank or building society accounts)
- This is the quickest and easiest way to pay. In April you will be sent an invoice and statement of accounts for 10 monthly direct debit payments (usually from April to January). Payment is taken on the 15th of the month. To set up your direct debit, you can print an instruction which can be completed and returned by post. Click on Related Documents on the right hand side to open the document.
- Or use the bi-annual payment system that operates with invoicing occurring in April and October each year.
If you prefer, phone Customer Services to arrange a visit from an officer who can arrange either of the above for you.
Guidelines on the use of our service
- Commercial wheeled containers remain the property of Broxtowe Borough Council.
- All containers should be stored off street in a secure location.
- All refuse should be contained within the container and the lid closed prior to collection.
- For collection purposes all containers should be placed at the boundary of your property by 7.00am on the morning of your collection day.
- Please return your container to the normal storage area as soon as practicable after emptying.
- Side waste will not be taken under any circumstances. If you are unable to contain your waste within the bin provided, additional containers may be required.
Should a further collection be required in a specified week this can be arranged at a further cost.
How do I cancel the agreement?
To cancel the agreement we need 28 days written notice, an officer will contact you to confirm termination of the agreement and to assemble any feedback on the service. Containers will also be collected at the end of the agreement.
Alterations to agreed collections
If you need to make any alteration to the agreement a new Trade Waste Agreement will need to be issued, arrangements will be made for an officer to visit the contract holder to obtain a signature. If more bins are needed or bins need to be collected this will be completed within 5 working days.
Page Last Updated: 01/04/2013