Garden Waste Collections
Find out about kerbside green garden waste collections
Garden waste collections will recommence w/c 11th March 2013.
Brown-lidded garden bin
Brown lidded bins can be purchased for £21.00 (140l bin) and £26.00 (240l bin) , these prices represent a contribution towards the cost of supply and ongoing maintenance of the bins (bins remain the property of Broxtowe Borough Council). The maximum number of brown-lidded bins that each household can purchase is 4.
To arrange to purchase a brown lidded bin, you can either:
- Go online by following the Brown Lidded Bin Service link (right hand side)
- Contact our Customer Services department
- Visit one of the Cash Offices
* Please note there is a £2 surcharge if you pay by credit card
What can be collected?
|Yes Please||No Thank You|
|Grass cuttings||Food waste|
|Hedge trimmings||Plastic bags|
|Leaves||Soil & rubble|
|Pruning & twigs||Turf|
|Plants & weeds||Animal waste|
|Flowers & houseplants||General waste|
How does the service work?
To use the garden waste service you can either use your green or brown-lidded bin. Garden waste collections take place the day after your green-lidded bin has been emptied (Please consult your calendar if your collections are effected by a Bank Holiday using 'When is my Collection' on the right).
If using your green-lidded bin for a garden waste collection please ensure that:
- Your garden waste is placed loose in the bin and not in bags.
- You put out your green and/or brown-lidded bins for collection by 7am the following day.
- We will empty one green-lidded bin and up to four brown-lidded bins per property.
- Once your green-lidded bin has been emptied of garden waste, please ensure that it is clean before you continue to use it for your dry recyclables.
- It has been emptied of dry recyclables.
If you require further information or have any queries regarding the service please contact Customer Services link on the right hand side of the page.
Page Last Updated: 05/03/2013