Garden Waste Collections
On payment it may take up to 10 working days before the first collection commences.
Demand has been excellent and the team are working hard.
Important garden waste information!
Please remember that your garden waste will be collected on the same day as your green-lidded recycling bin.
If it is not emptied use the 'Missed bin collection' page to find ways to report a missed bin.
The Benefits of the Garden Waste Service
- Collections are all year round.
- Offers a hassle-free solution in comparison to taking your garden waste to the Local Household Waste and Recycling Site.
- Offers a sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative to garden waste disposal.
Collections for garden waste run fortnightly throughout the year and take place from brown-lidded bins on the same day as your green-lidded bin. They will run fortnightly throughout the year. All bins should be out by 7am, with their bins lids closed. No side waste will be taken.
Charges for the period 1st April 2015 - 31st March 2016 (inclusive)
A service charge per property £20
Plus £10 for each brown-lidded bin to be serviced
For example: a property with one brown-lidded bin will pay £30, a property with two brown-lidded bins will pay £40 etc.
Pricing will be reviewed on an annual basis. The above prices are for 2015/16.
How to Join
You can either pay for the service:
- On-line this is the preferred method Garden Waste Collection Service
- By early February you will have received a garden waste letter with your subscription reference number. With this number you can pay for a single bin by using a debit card call Freephone 0800 952 0040 select option '8' and quote your subscription number. (Call charges for mobile networks may apply.)
- For single and multiple bin payments using a debit or credit card call the contact centre on 0115 917 7777 and select option 3.
- If you wish to pay with a cheque made payable to 'Broxtowe Borough' Council. Please print clearly on the reverse of the cheque the following:
- Your address and contact details
- The number of existing brown-lidded bins to be serviced
- Indicate any additional brown-lidded bins to be supplied at a cost of £10 each
Send your cheque to:
Garden Waste Subscription
Broxtowe Borough Council
For further information please see the related articles, offsite links and documents.
Page Last Updated: 11/05/2015
Follow BroxtoweFollow Broxtowe Borough Council on Facebook : External Link Follow @Broxtowebc on Twitter : External Link Watch videos on the Broxtowe Borough Council YouTube Channel : External Link Sign up to Broxtowe Borough Council's RSS Feeds
T: (0115) 917 7777
F: (0115) 917 3555