Garden Waste Collections
Garden Waste Collections 2017/18
You can now subscribe to the 2017/18 service. Subscription letters are being delivered to properties over a three week period from week commencing 16th January 2017.
Changes for the period 3rd April 2017 - 1st April 2018 (inclusive):
- £31 for 1 brown-lidded bin
- £12 for each additional bin
Changes to the service for 2017/18
Collections are fortnightly between March and November. Collections take place on the same day as your green-lidded recycling bin. Collections between December and February will now be on a monthly basis. Customers will receive a calendar detailing their winter monthly collections in November 2018.
Why has the service changed?
The cost of the service has not changed over the last 3 years. Unfortunately the annual subscription fee has had to increase by £1 due to the rising costs associated with providing the collection service.
In order to reduce collection costs and to keep any price increase to an absolute minimum, we have changed collections to monthly during the months of December, January and February inclusive. Historically this is when the amount of garden waste collected reduces by more than half. Therefore residents should still be able to put all their garden waste in he brown-lidded bin and not be affected by a monthly collection frequency.
Garden waste collections 2016/17
If you want to subscribe to the remainder of the 2016/17 season then please contact the garden waste team on 0115 917 7777, enter option 4 and then option 1.
How to Join
You can either pay for the service:
- On-line this is the preferred method Garden Waste Subscription Service
- For single and multiple bin payments using a debit or credit card call the contact centre on 0115 917 7777 and select option 4 followed by option 1.
- ATP (Automated Telephone Payment)
Important garden waste information!
Please remember that your garden waste will be collected on the same day as your green-lidded recycling bin.
If it is not emptied use the 'Missed bin collection' page to find ways to report a missed bin.
The Benefits of the Garden Waste Service
- Collections are all year round.
- Offers a hassle-free solution in comparison to taking your garden waste to the Local Household Waste and Recycling Site.
- Offers a sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative to garden waste disposal.
Collections for garden waste run fortnightly from March through to the end of November and then monthly during the months of December, January and February. Collections take place on the same day as your green-lidded bin. All bins should be out by 7am, with their bins lids closed. No side waste will be taken.
Details of Terms and conditions can be found by clicking on the relevant link.