**LATEST NEWS** - ADDITIONAL FREE PARKING FROM 1ST DECEMBER 2016
- There are no parking charges after 4.00pm Monday to Friday in all Council car parks (except Station Road car park Beeston near Beeston train station)
- There are no parking charges after 12.00noon Saturday in all Council car parks (except Station Road car park Beeston near Beeston train station)
The Parking Enforcement Team will still patrol all the car parks from 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and all other restrictions still apply during this period including the 3 hour maximum stay policy in short stay car parks (Permitted Parking and Restrictions).
PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 free voucher per day per car park is allowed.
There are NO PARKING CHARGES ALL DAY on SATURDAYS ONLY at:
- Devonshire Avenue car park, Beeston
- Oxford Street car park, Eastwood
- Victoria Street car park, Kimberley
- Halls Road car park, Stapleford
- Locate Your Nearest Car Park
- Challenge a Penalty Charge (parking fine)
- Paying a Penalty Charge (parking fine)
- Car Parks
- Permitted Parking and Restrictions
- What you can expect from us
- How you can help
You can now also locate your nearest car park(s) using our online mapping facility. You can access this via the related articles section, 'Find Your Nearest Car Park'.
If you think there are mitigating circumstances that caused you to receive a Penalty Charge Notice (or other representations you wish to make) you may make a written challenge/appeal. Please contact Nottinghamshire County Council: Parking Enforcement Information, Challenging a Penalty Charge Notice or you can write to Central Processing Centre, PO BOX 10282, Nottingham, NG17 0DX (please include the penalty charge number, vehicle registration number and your name & address in your letter so we can respond accordingly).
PLEASE NOTE: Once a challenge/appeal is received either on-line or by post the case will be frozen pending investigation. If you contacted us within the 14 day discount period and your challenge/appeal is rejected then the discount will normally be re-offered for 14 days from the date of the rejection.
If you wish to pay a penalty charge notice online you will need the Penalty Charge Notice number (i.e. XQ11223344) and your vehicle registration number then go to Paying a Penalty Charge Notice or to pay by telephone please ring 0345 5201357.
- All car parks will be patrolled on a regular basis by Civil Enforcement Officers Monday - Saturday excluding Public Holidays. All car parks are clearly signed and identified as short or long stay car parks.
- The Council has a policy of providing quality car parking for users of the Borough's town centres. Three hour limited shoppers' car parks are provided within or close to the shopping centres to encourage customers to use the centres. Long stay car parks are sited a little further away for those using the town centres for long periods.
- Charges apply to most car parks. Further information about our town centre car parks click here: Beeston Eastwood Kimberley Stapleford
- Car parks are covered by the Broxtowe Borough Council Civil Enforcement Off Street Parking Places Order, which regulates their use. More information and copies of the orders can be found here.
Please note, we only accept payment by cash at the pay and display machines on site or you can purchase a Parking Season Ticket for certain car parks within the borough.
Parking will be monitored by Civil Enforcement Officers, where motorists infringe the Off Street Parking Legislation and Policy or are found parked in contraventions of the Broxtowe Borough Council (Civil Enforcement Off Street Parking Places Order) a penalty charge appropriate to the level of contravention may apply. Penalty charges are based on a higher or lower level of contravention, £70.00 for the high level and £50.00 for the lower level of contravention. The most common restrictions are:
- Vehicles must clearly display a valid free voucher or Pay & Display ticket in all Pay & Display car parks (or valid Blue Badge and time clock in a disabled bay).
- Only one free hour per car park per day is allowed.
- Short stay car parks are restricted to 3 hours maximum stay and no return within 1 hour of leaving the car park.
- All vehicles (including motorcycles) must be parked within a marked bay (unless the car park has dedicated motorcycle parking bays).
- Blue Badge holders and motorcycles are not required to get a Pay & Display ticket or free voucher however, they can only stay for a maximum of 3 hours in a short stay car park.
- Vehicles over 6ft 6ins in height or over 1.5 tonnes unladen weight are not permitted in the council's car park.
THIS IS NOT A FULL LIST OF ALL THE RESTRICTIONS - for detailed information please refer to Broxtowe Borough Council Civil Enforcement Off Street Parking Places Order which can be found here.
- Officers in uniform who are courteous and polite, efficient in their duties and responsive to motorists' needs.
- Car parks that are patrolled on a regular basis to ensure the car parking order is enforced and the car parks are kept clean and tidy.
- Spaces will be provided for those people with disabilities in accordance with national guidelines.
- Clear notices will be displayed so that those parking in the car park are aware of the restrictions imposed on their stay.
- Please be courteous and polite to our officers. If you receive a parking charge for infringing the regulations remember that the officers have no discretion in issuing notices.
- Drive on all car parks at a safe speed at all times, certainly not exceeding 15mph. Observe all directional signs.
- Park only within marked bays.
- Do not use bays marked for disabled persons unless displaying a valid disabled badge and time clock.
- Deposit all litter in the bins provided and do not leave shopping trolleys.
- Please inform us if your vehicle has been subject to criminal abuse during your stay in the car park. (This will enable us to manage the patrols more effectively).
- Please be aware of closing times if applicable.
Putting Things Right
The Council is proud of its customer service record and if for any reason you feel it has not complied with this charter please contact us.