Health & Safety
Here you can find information and advice on a wide range of health and safety issues.
We aim to protect people at work and those who may be affected by work activities by promoting and securing compliance with health, safety and welfare legislation as well as giving advice on best practice.
Please visit our useful links for further information
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) The HSE ensures that risks to people's health and safety from work activities are properly controlled.
An online catalogue of all HSE's publications and multimedia products available from HSE books.
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995(RIDDOR) provides information about RIDDOR and allows you to report accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.
- The Department of Health The aim of the Department of Health is to improve the health and well-being of people in England.
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health is a professional, awarding and campaigning body at the forefront of environmental and public health and safety.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health Europe's leading body representing safety and health professionals, with more than 24,000 members working across the full spectrum of industry, commerce and the public sector.
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents A registered charity providing information, advice, resources and training.
- British Standards Institute (BSI) Helps customers to build better businesses providing information in environmental management, BSI publications and other issues.
- The Chartered Institute of Building The organisation is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards.
- Institute of Electrical Engineers
Promotes the advancement of electrical, electronic and manufacturing science and engineering, range from students to the most distinguished and highly qualified members of the profession.
- British Safety Council Europe's largest independent occupational health and safety organisation works with the worlds leading companies, developing safe systems of work.
- Health Protection Agency Activities include microbiological testing of specimens, surveillance, research evaluation and training education.