- The Tuesday afternoon class will not be affected and will continue as normal and will be delivered by members of the gym team.
- The Friday afternoon class will finish on Friday 15th August until a suitable replacement is found.
- A new, gentle exercise class will start on Thursday 21st August (and will be delivered every Thursday). The class will be delivered by Sue Gribby from 1:45pm - 2:45pm.
Classes at Chilwell Olympia will continue as normal from Thursday 21st August.
Classes at Kimberley Leisure Centre are not affected.
Exercise Referral Instructors
The Level 3 qualification allows instructors to work with patients and devise safe and effective exercise programmes to help manage and improve medical conditions such as;
- Asthma & COPD
- Muscular Skeletal Problems
- Raised Cholesterol
Health professionals can refer in-active patients to the Exercise Referral Programme by completing a referral form. The Referral form can be found under the Documents section. Referrals can also be made on-line, should you wish to make an on-line referral please contact the Exercise Referral Officer.
The Exercise Referral Process
Once we have received the Referral form, the Exercise Referral Officer will contact you over directly over the telephone. We will then arrange an appointment for you to start the referral programme at your nearest Leisure Centre. Further information about the referral process can be found under the documents section.
The Initial Assessment
The initial assessment will be an informal and friendly process with our Exercise Referral Instructor. This will be a one to one session, and will last approximately one hour. During this session we will cover;
- Exercise History
- Discuss individual exercise goals
- Devise an exercise Programme within the fitness suite
You will be exercising during assessment so we recommend you wear loose, comfortable clothing and wear suitable footwear such as Trainers.
Cost of the Sessions
Exercise Referral is provided to customers at a subsidised rate. You can pay for the sessions at the Leisure Centre each time you attend. The table below shows the prices per session during the initial 12 weeks.
|Fitness Suite (Gym)||£2.80 per session|
|Instructor Led Classes||£2.35 per session|
|Swimming||£1.60 per session|
|Walk & Talk||Free|
Cost of Sessions after 12 weeks
After completing your 12 week exercise programme, the prices per session will be charged at the concessionary rate price per activity.
|Fitness Suite (Gym)||£4.35 per session|
|Instructor Led Classes||£3.65 per session|
|Swimming||£2.45 per session|
|Walk & Talk||Free|
Should you wish to pay for the activities by Direct Debit, please see your referral instructor. The Direct Debit will cost £13.30 per month for the first three months, and includes unlimited use of the Gym, swimming and class facilities.
The Direct Debit will increase to £19.95 per month thereafter which is a huge £10 per month saving, again the direct debit allows unlimited access to the Gym, Swimming and Class facilities.
Duration of the Programme
The programme is for a 12 week period. Once the 12 weeks have been completed you will complete a 12 week assessment, during the assessment your gym programme will be reviewed and the exercise referral instructor will discuss the exercise opportunities that are available for you to continue with after the programme.
Opportunities to Exercise after the programme
There is a variety of exercise opportunities for you to get involved in. Please see the Referral Opportunities page for more information.
For Further information
For further information about the Exercise Referral Scheme please contact the Exercise Referral Officer.
Page Last Updated: 12/08/2014
Follow BroxtoweFollow Broxtowe Borough Council on Facebook : External Link Follow @Broxtowebc on Twitter : External Link Watch videos on the Broxtowe Borough Council YouTube Channel : External Link Sign up to Broxtowe Borough Council's RSS Feeds
- BBC - Food Recipes (Healthy Recipes) [External Link]
- BMI Healthy Weight Calculator [External Link]
- BBC- Healthy Living [External Link]
- British Heart Foundation [External Link]
- Food Standards Agency - Eatwell (Healthy Eating) [External Link]
- NHS - Change 4 Life (Healthy Living) [External Link]
- NHS - 5 A Day (Healthy Eating) [External Link]
- Bramcote Leisure Centre Virtual Tour [External Link]
- Chilwell Olympia Sports Centre Virtual Tour [External Link]
- Kimberley Leisure Centre Virtual Tour [External Link]
T: (0115) 917 3711
F: (0115) 917 3508