Broxtowe Borough Council are responsible for a number of surface car parks in Beeston, Eastwood, Kimberley and Stapleford.
From 31st March 2008, the Council adopted Civil Parking Enforcement powers for the enforcement of parking restrictions under the Traffic Management Act 2004 within the borough.
Illegal or dangerous parking can cause serious problems for all road users, including pedestrians, and by enforcing parking regulations by adopting Civil Enforcement powers, the Council aims to:
- Manage the traffic network to ensure free movement of traffic, including pedestrians and cyclists.
- Improve road safety.
- Improve the local environment.
- Improve the quality and accessibility of public transport.
- Meet the needs of people with disabilities, some of whom will be unable to use public transport and depend entirely on the use of a car.
- Manage the competing demands for kerb space of residents, businesses, visitors, pedestrians, users of public transport (including buses, taxis and coaches), car drivers, cyclists and motor cyclists.
The Borough Council operates Civil Parking Enforcement in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council. For further information, please visit the Civil Parking Enforcement webpage.
You can now also locate your nearest car park(s) using our online mapping facility, LocalView. You can access this via the related articles section on the right hand side.
Page Last Updated: 31/01/2013