Car Sharing - Find Your Perfect Partner
Why not find a car sharing partner by going onto the Nottinghamshare website which is free to use and is secure. It allows you to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst also reducing congestion, pollution - and the cost of travel!
What is car sharing?
Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst alleviating the associated problems of congestion and pollution.
When can I share a car?
You can share a car for any journey - getting to work, doing the weekly shop, taking the children to school, going to the match at the weekend, travelling to a festival, event or show, getting to or from university, visiting friends or getting to the airport.
What are the benefits of sharing a car?
- Saves you money - travelling with others enables you to reduce your transport costs by up to £1000 a year.
- Reduces the number of cars on the roads - resulting in less congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
- Provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- Gives employees and employers more transport options
- Reduces the need for a private car
How does it work?
- Access the website
- Enter your details and register your journey - where your start your journey from and your final destination, along with what time of day and how often you make the journey.
- The system will then automatically search for all the possible travel companions and list these for you.
Page Last Updated: 02/08/2010