Public transport and commuting
Adverse weather and hazardous driving conditions may seriously affect local transport links. Commuters are urged to contact their provider for the latest updates before travelling.
Nottinghamshire County Council has responsibility for gritting highways in the borough, with details of the County Council's gritting routes available on the link to the County Council's Gritting and Salting routes web page provided.
Broxtowe Borough Council refuse collections will continue as scheduled wherever possible during severe weather, unless further updates are provided below.
If we are unable to collect your bin due to the weather, please leave it out for collection and we will return as soon as possible.
Broxtowe Borough Council uses Facebook and Twitter to issue the latest news and information during periods of bad weather.
Latest news will be issued direct to the Broxtowe Borough Council Facebook page allowing local residents and businesses to receive updates straight to their desktop or mobile device.
Alternatively, you can also get regular updates by following @broxtowebc on Twitter.
Bin Collections in Severe Weather
30/01/2015 - Bin collections will continue where possible during the severe weather.
Page Last Updated: 13/02/2014
Follow BroxtoweFollow Broxtowe Borough Council on Facebook : External Link Follow @Broxtowebc on Twitter : External Link Watch videos on the Broxtowe Borough Council YouTube Channel : External Link Sign up to Broxtowe Borough Council's RSS Feeds
- BBC : Travel News : Nottingham [External Link]
- Nottingham City Transport [External Link]
- Nottinghamshire County Council : Gritting & Salting Routes [External Link]
- Nottinghamshire County Council : Have you been affected by Flooding? [External Link]
- Nottinghamshire County Council : Winter Service Information [External Link]
- Trent Barton Buses [External Link]
- Twitter: Nottinghamshire County Council @nottscc [External Link]
T: (0300) 500 8080