Get Healthy Walking
Did you know that Walking can..
- Reduce tension & Stress
- Increase energy levels
- Keep your heart strong
- Help manage a healthy body weight
- Boost mental well being
Why walking is the perfect activity..
- It's free!
- You don't need any specialist equipment
- You can do it anywhere and at any time
- Its a great way to meet new friends
- You can start slowly and build it up slowly in your own time
How much should I do?
'30 minutes a day is all it takes to feel the difference'
Don't worry, if you cannot manage 30 minutes to start with. Start at a level that you are happy with, and gradually build it up. This may mean breaking it down into more manageable chunks such as two lots of 15 minutes, or three lots of 10 minutes per day.
Ideally we are looking at being active for at least 30 minutes a day, five times a week.
Ready to get walking? Here's some quick tips that will help keep you and safe and warm this winter..
- Wear plenty of layers (3 layers) are recommended
- Wear thin socks designed to keep the feet warm (Smart wool)
- Keep drinking water
- Stay safe-walk away from traffic, i.e. parks, or cycle paths
- Be seen-Always wear reflective gear especially at night
- Start slowly-give your muscles chance to warm up
Walking in Broxtowe
There's plenty to see in and around the borough from the Blue Line Trail in Eastwood to the Nottingham Canal in Trowell. Not forgetting walks throughout Kimberley, Cossall, Moorgreen, Stapleford and the Erewash Valley trail.
Page Last Updated: 08/01/2015
Follow BroxtoweFollow Broxtowe Borough Council on Facebook : External Link Follow @Broxtowebc on Twitter : External Link Watch videos on the Broxtowe Borough Council YouTube Channel : External Link Sign up to Broxtowe Borough Council's RSS Feeds
T: (0115) 917 3418