Skip Navigation
Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance Scheme for Council Tenants

As a tenant you may believe we automatically insure your furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes. This is not the case and unfortunately you may realise this only after the damage has been done. We strongly advise you to take out household contents insurance. You can do this either through making your own private arrangements or by using a scheme arranged via us through an insurance company. To make it easier for you, your premiums can be paid when you pay your rent.

You may wish to consider alternative insurers but under the Council's scheme payments may be made weekly, and premiums start at 47p per week for £4,000 sum insured.

Rents and Recovery Section
tel: 0115 917 7777