- Post Ref: H114 - Private Sector Housing Officer
Post Ref: H114 - Private Sector Housing Officer
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Private Sector Housing Officer to assist in the delivery of a wide range of services including the Mandatory Licencing of Houses in Multiple Occupation and private sector housing enforcement.
You must hold a degree or diploma in Environmental Health, or an HNC in Housing Practice (or equivalent). Current experience in the mandatory licencing of Houses in Multiple Occupation is essential.
Competency in the use of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and enforcement of private sector housing legislation is highly desirable.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Working in a housing or construction related discipline
- Undertaking detailed housing inspections and preparing schedules of work
- Checking construction work for defects
- Enforcement of private sector housing legislation
- Use of computerised software systems, including word, excel, outlook.
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has good planning, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to maintain clear and concise records
- The ability to make considered decisions
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Has good customer care skills
What you need to know:
The post holder must be able to undertake site inspections
Should you wish to have an informal chat, please contact Sarah North on 0115 917 3092
THIS POST IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT, PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Please quote reference No: H114
Closing date: Wednesday 26 June 2019 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.