- Post Ref: H125, H136, H51 - Independent Living Coordinators
Post Ref: H125, H136, H51 - Independent Living Coordinators
We are looking for three Independent Living Coordinators to join our Independent Living Team who work with over 1400 residents across Broxtowe living in our self-contained Independent Living properties.
You will be working with residents, their families and external support agencies to develop an individual plan to help them live independently at home and to promote their health and wellbeing. You will work alongside with our Activities Coordinators to arrange group activities and events to help improve residents’ social interactions.
You will also work closely with colleagues across the Housing Department to support tenants, manage anti-social behaviour and to prevent tenancy failure.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience of:
- Working with older and more vulnerable people and an understanding of the issues they face.
- Proven housing management skills with an understanding of allocations, lettings and the void process.
- Working with external agencies and have the skills to maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
- Managing a diverse workload with conflicting prioritise.
- Keeping accurate records and the ability to record and report information accurately both verbally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A great track record for providing excellent customer service in a housing environment.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and keep to tight deadlines.
- Someone who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
What you need to know:
- These are permanent role’s and will be based from one of our schemes in the Borough, although travel throughout Broxtowe Borough is essential, and mileage will be paid.
- There will be a requirement to work outside of office hours on occasions.
- Training to help you in the role will be provided
- You will visit tenants in their homes and at the office.
- Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a formal interview in order to determine suitability for the role.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Yvonne Weightman on 0115 9173491.
Expected interview date: Wednesday 26 August 2020
Please quote reference No: H125 & H136: 37 hour posts, H51: 30-hour post
Closing date: Friday 14 August 2020 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.