- Post Ref: H163 - Duty Officer, D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Volunteering With DH Lawrence Birthplace Museum
- Post Ref: C68 - 2nd Line ICT Technical Officer
- Post Ref: C71 - ICT Service Desk Officer
- Post Ref: TMPP14 - Temporary Planning Officer
- Post Ref: T132 - Apprentice Modernisations Assistant
- Post Ref: TMPH9 - Temporary Business Support Administrator P/T
- Post Ref: H114 - Private Sector Housing Officer Part Time
- Post Ref: H163 - Duty Officer P/T, D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum
- Post Ref: H659 - Membership Sales and Retention Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: C21 - Health and Safety Manager
- Post Ref: TMPC4 - Temporary Communications and Civic Officer P/T
- Post Ref: T139 - Facilities Co-ordinator
Post Ref: H163 - Duty Officer, D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum
Liberty Leisure Limited is a wholly owned Local Authority Trading Company of Broxtowe Borough Council with services including the D.H. Lawrence Birthplace museum, Sports Development service (Get Active), 3 Leisure Centres and our community events team.
About the job
The D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum is going through an exciting period of change and as a result is looking for an additional part time Duty Officer to assist in a front of house, project management and operational capacity. The museum exists to protect and promote the legacy of the controversial author D.H. Lawrence and the successful applicant will deliver tours, develop a mix of education and marketing projects and support retail operations.
In addition to this, the Duty Officer will assist at special events both on and off site as well as supporting the Museum & Collections Officer in caring for the museum collection.
Who do we want to work with us?
This is a customer facing position so we are looking for someone who is an effective communicator with a passion for passing on knowledge and enjoys interacting with people. No previous knowledge of D.H. Lawrence is necessary but a willingness to learn is essential.
The right candidate will have experience of teamwork and will play an integral role in ensuring that the museum team can achieve the high standards that are required to operate a successful tourist destination.
The job will involve working in the museum delivering tours, within the shop, in the back office and on reception as well as representing the service at events within the borough of Broxtowe and further afield.
The right person will be available work Tuesday to Thursday and alternate Saturdays to accommodate the normal museum opening times. However, on limited occasions there may be a requirement to work some evenings, Sundays, Mondays or on bank holidays due to special events.
Our offer to you
We are a wholly owned company of Broxtowe Borough Council with all of our employees enjoying the benefits of working for a local authority including an excellent pension option.
- Initially 13.5 day’s annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- A range of training opportunities
- Access to the Council’s Brocks Benefits scheme to access deals such as the Cycle to Work scheme and discounts at a range of retailers
- Discounted staff fitness with access to all of our gyms, swimming pools, exercise classes and spa
For more information please view the job description and person specification.
This post is subject to receipt of suitable references.
Interviews will take place on Friday 8 March 2019
Please quote reference no: H163
Closing Date: Monday 25 February 2019 at 12.00pm