- Post Ref: H170 - Events Officer
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: H317 - Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: H82b - Private Sector Housing Officer Part Time
- Post Ref: H66 - Area Housing Officer
- Post Ref: T110 - Workshop Manager
- Post Ref: C64 - Assistant ICT Manager
- Post Ref: H170 - Events Officer
- Post Ref: TMPC15 - Human Resources Apprentice - Learning & Development
- Post Ref: M1 - Monitoring Officer
- Post Ref: TMT150 - Heavy Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprentice
Post Ref: H170 - Events Officer
Liberty Leisure Limited is a wholly owned Local Authority Trading Company of Broxtowe Borough Council with services including our community events team, Sports Development service (Get Active), 3 Leisure Centres and the D.H. Lawrence Birthplace museum.
About the job
The job involves event planning, marketing, delivery and evaluation of a number of high quality community focussed outdoor events per year. This role is predominantly a marketing role within the team with additional responsibility for coordinating the event infrastructure needed to deliver an event safely.
The majority of the events are focused on community engagement and include family Play Days during the summer, outdoor films as well as a number of Christmas Lights Switch On events.
The L Leisure Events team are in the process of exploring new event ideas and the new post holder will have the ability to influence how the existing programme develops.
Who do we want to work with us?
We are looking for friendly, proactive team player who is organised, can work well under pressure to meet deadlines and can retain a sense of humour on long event days in all types of weather. As a close knit team, we rely on each other to make sure that targets are achieved and that the events are delivered safely. The successful candidate will be someone who will be proactive in supporting colleagues and have a great attention to detail.
The events we deliver are developed for the community so the right candidate will ideally have experience of and enjoy working with people from all backgrounds.
The job will involve working as a wider part of a team linking with partners and other members of the Liberty Leisure Limited team. The post holder will be based at Chilwell Olympia but will have the flexibility to work from any of the company’s facilities.
This is predominantly an office based role with a requirement to work at all outdoor events and to attend a number of evening meetings on the run up to events. Working hours are flexible, typically Monday to Friday but you must be able to work a substantial number of evenings, weekends and some bank holidays.
Our offer to you
We are a wholly owned company of Broxtowe Borough Council with all of our employees enjoying the benefits of working for a local authority including an excellent pension option.
- Initially 27 day’s annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- The ability to work with different teams to develop your skills which is supported by a range of training opportunities
- Access to the Council’s Brocks Benefits scheme to access deals such as the Cycle to Work scheme and discounts at a range of retailers
- Discounted staff fitness with access to all of our gyms, swimming pools, exercise classes and spa
- The role holds a designated car user status
For more information please view the job description and person specification.
This post is subject to receipt of suitable references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Interviews will take place on 17th February 2020
Please quote reference no: H170
Closing Date: Friday 7th February 2020 at 4.30 pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.