- Post Ref: H22 - Housing Options Officer (x 2 posts)
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: TMPC47 - ICT Apprentice
- Post Ref: C83 - Customer Services Officers (2 posts)
- Post Ref: C65 - ICT Technical Solutions Officer
- Post Ref: H317 - Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: H22 - Housing Options Officer (x 2 Posts) (1)
- Post Ref: H82b - Private Sector Housing Officer P/T
- Post REf: T78 - Technical Assistant: Capital Works
- Post Ref: T258 - Arborist
Post Ref: H22 - Housing Options Officer (x 2 posts)
Broxtowe Borough Council is looking to recruit a number of new staff to help deliver and improve its Housing Options service. As a Housing Options Officer, your role will include daily contact with customers that require housing advice, are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
Your role will be to interview customers and assess their housing situation in accordance with the Council’s statutory duties. You will then be expected to undertake the necessary investigations in accordance with the relevant legislation and guidance to make an assessment on what assistance is provided and duty is owed to customers.
A key part of the role will be the prevention of homelessness and working with customers to remain in their homes or to assist them in finding accommodation elsewhere. Working with other agencies and negotiating with key stakeholders will be a key part to success in the role.
You will work as part of the Housing Options Team and you will be expected to manage your own varied caseload.
You will need to be able to communicate effectively with customers, both verbally and in writing, some of whom will be in distress because of the difficulties they are facing in their personal circumstances.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Homelessness or Housing Advice matters
- Experience in working with customers
- Experience in working with vulnerable people
The ideal candidate would be:
- Able to manage their own caseload
- Able to work under pressure and with constantly changing priorities
- Have strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Someone who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
What you need to know:
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Kirsty Barker, Housing Options Manager, on 0115 9173424.
Please quote reference No: H22
Closing date: Wednesday 11th December 2019 at 5.00 pm.
Expected interview date: Week commencing 6th January 2020.
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.