- Post Ref: H25 - Lettings Officer
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Refs: H504/H529a/H189a,b,c,d - Bramcote Leisure Centre - Pool Leisure Assistants
- Post Ref: F42 - Principal Accountant
- Post Ref: H25 - Lettings Officer
- Post Ref: H144 - Housing Options Officer
- Post Ref: H321 - Neighbourhood Assistant
- Post Ref: H147 - Independent Living Team Leader
- Post Ref: TMH170 - Temporary Events Officer
- Post Ref: H44 - Financial Inclusion Officer
- Post Ref: P58 - Estates Manager
- Post Ref: H53 - Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Post Ref: H25 - Lettings Officer
Broxtowe Borough Council is looking to recruit a Lettings Officer to help deliver and improve its housing services. As a Lettings Officer, your role will include daily contact with customers and you will assist them in accessing housing and the waiting list as well as liaising with potential new tenants over their new offer of a property.
You will manage a patch area of properties within the Borough and work with the other Lettings Officer to provide and coordinate a comprehensive lettings service to customers. The key focus of the team is to reduce the time it takes to let properties overall, so your ability to work proactively to help coordinate this process is essential.
You will work as part of team with the other Lettings Officer and a team of Housing Needs Assistants delivering this service. The ability to work as part of a team but also to manage your own caseload is important.
You will need to work closely with other departments and agencies to achieve positive results for customers and to improve the quality and sustainability of lettings and tenancies and therefore an ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences and build relationships is important.
You will need to be able to communicate effectively with customers, both verbally and in writing, some of whom will be suffering difficulties because of their personal circumstances
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Experience in working in a housing department
- Experience in working with customers
- Experience in working with vulnerable people
The ideal candidate would be:
- Able to manage their own caseload
- Able to work under pressure and with constantly changing priorities
- Have strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Someone who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
What you need to know:
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Richard Smith on 0115 9173045.
Expected interview date: Week beginning 7 February 2022
Please quote reference number H25.
Closing date: Wednesday 26 January 2022 at 5.00 pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.