- Post Ref: H317- Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: TMPC47 - ICT Apprentice
- Post Ref: C83 - Customer Services Officers (2 posts)
- Post Ref: C65 - ICT Technical Solutions Officer
- Post Ref: H317 - Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: H22 - Housing Options Officer (x 2 Posts) (1)
- Post Ref: H82b - Private Sector Housing Officer P/T
- Post REf: T78 - Technical Assistant: Capital Works
- Post Ref: T258 - Arborist
Post Ref: H317- Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Co-ordinator
Broxtowe Borough Council is looking to recruit a number of new staff to help deliver and improve its Housing Options service. The Domestic Abuse and Private Sector Coordinator will have daily contact with customers, external agencies and private landlords to assist the Housing Options Team in providing housing advice to customers, but also being the key staff member in coordinating the Council’s domestic abuse services.
Your role will regularly be the first contact for customers who are at risk of homelessness or for private landlords that are going to take action against their tenants and potentially make them homeless. It will be part of your role to work with private landlords and in conjunction with other teams and agencies to try to increase the provision or private rented accommodation available to the Housing Options Team that customers can be assisted into. You will also play a key role in various homeless prevention initiatives such as the Council’s Deposit Guarantee Scheme.
You will also assist in the coordination of the Council’s domestic abuse services and work closely with the Council’s key partners in domestic abuse service provision to improve the services provided to customers and promote the support that is available to those affected. You will have day to day responsibility for the domestic abuse services provided by the Council, such as the Sanctuary Scheme.
You will work as part of the Housing Options Team and you will be expected to manage your own varied caseload.
You will need to be able to communicate effectively with customers, both verbally and in writing, some of whom will be in distress because of the difficulties they are facing in their personal circumstances.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Homelessness or Housing Advice matters
- Experience in working with customers
- Experience in working with vulnerable people
The ideal candidate would be:
- Able to manage their own caseload
- Able to work under pressure and with constantly changing priorities
- Have strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Someone who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
What you need to know:
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Kirsty Barker, Housing Options Manager, on 0115 9173424.
Expected interview date: Week beginning 6th January 2020
Please quote reference number: H317
Closing date: Wednesday 11th December 2019 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.