- Post Ref: H317 - Senior Refuse and Street Cleansing Team Leader
Post Ref: H317 - Senior Refuse and Street Cleansing Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen within the Waste and Recycling section for a second, permanent Senior Refuse and Street Cleansing team leader. You will work alongside the other Senior Team Leader and the Refuse and Cleansing Manger to provide support for the Waste and Street Cleansing Services.
The successful candidate, in conjunction with the management team, will provide effective, hands-on operational supervision for the day to day management of the refuse and street cleansing service. In addition, you will also help to deliver Health and Safety training and development packages (including comprehensive staff inductions).
Essential skill requirements for the post include;
- A positive, proactive, flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate work and undertaking necessary corrective action. Identify issues that need to be escalated
- Effective time-management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to build relationships and influence others
- Knowledge of operational waste and street cleansing operations and Health and Safety issues related to that.
- Ability to maintain accurate manual and electronic records
- Must have experience of driving LGV vehicles and have a current licence
- Must be physically fit
- Out of hours working will be required including weekends
The hours of the post are 37 hours per week. Start and finish times will vary and will rotate with the other Senior Team Leader post and will cover between the hours of 6.00am and 2.30pm
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Please quote reference no. T317
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 October 2022 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.