- POST REF: H606a - FITNESS ADVISOR PART TIME, KIMBERLEY LEISURE CENTRE
- POST REF: RELIEF LEISURE STAFF
- POST REFS: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- POST REF: F84 - REVENUES OFFICER
- POST REF: L55 - EVENING CLEANER
- POST REF: T130 - SENIOR MAINTENANCE OFFICER (HOUSING REPAIRS)
- POST REF: P25 - SENIOR PLANNING OFFICER
- VOLUNTEERING WITH DH LAWRENCE BIRTHPLACE MUSEUM
- POST REF: H315 - ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
- POST REF : H606a - FITNESS ADVISOR PART TIME, KIMBERLEY LEISURE CENTRE
- POST REF: H635/H625b - POOL LEISURE ASSISTANTS PART TIME, KIMBERLEY LEISURE CENTRE
- POST REF: TMH666 - TEMPORARY POOL LEISURE ASSISTANT, KIMBERLEY LEISURE CENTRE
POST REF: H606a - FITNESS ADVISOR PART TIME, KIMBERLEY LEISURE CENTRE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Kimberley Leisure Centre as a part time Fitness Advisor. Kimberley is a large leisure centre with two swimming pools, a modern, 70 station gym (Technogym), an interactive youth gym, two exercise studios, a cycling studio, training studio and several floodlit 3G football pitches. L Leisure are also about to implement a Personal Training scheme which offers employees the opportunity to deliver PT on site. The centre attracts over 550,000 customers per year and this post represents an excellent opportunity to establish a career path within the leisure industry.
The post holder’s responsibilities include providing advice and instruction to customers in the gym, identifying their aspirations, becoming their ‘lifestyle coach’ and helping them meet their goals. You will be in the front line of customer service, encouraging and helping customers participate and generally providing a high level of service within the main gym and also the iGym for children aged 8 to 15 years. You will be involved in fitness activities, gym promotions, exercise programmes, supervision of customers and equipment and inductions, as well as membership promotion, sales and retention schemes and the customer journey with L Leisure. The hours of work are over a three week rota:
Week 1: Tuesdays, 3.15-7.15pm; Thursdays, 3.15-8.15pm; Fridays, 3.15-7.15pm
Week 2: Wednesdays, 3.15-10.15pm; Thursdays, 3.15-8.15pm; Fridays, 3.15-7.15pm; Saturdays, 8.45am-12noon
Week 3: Wednesdays, 3.15-10.15pm; Thursdays, 3.15-9.00pm; Fridays, 3.15-7.15pm; Saturdays, 8.45am-12noon
You should aspire to attain new qualifications, have a thirst to gain knowledge, a passion for sports and fitness and demonstrate a genuine desire to develop, help and support others. You must have excellent communication skills with a professional approach and be willing to work as part of a team and on your own initiative. It is essential that applicants have experience of working in the leisure industry and have the desire and potential to lead group exercise classes.
It is essential that applicants are in possession of a Level 2 Gym Instructors qualification or its equivalent. It would be desirable to hold some group exercise training qualifications and/or sports coaching certificates.
The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced (DBS) Disclosure.
Please quote reference no. H606a
Closing date: Wednesday 11 July 2018 at 5 pm.