- Post Ref: T177 - Climate Change Officer
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: H78 - Senior Environmental Health Officer
- Post Ref: H79 - Environmental Health Technical Officer - Contaminated Land
- Post Ref: H707 - Environmental Health Officer
- Post Ref: P12 - Economic Development Officer
- Post Ref: TMT431 - Gardening/Horticulture Apprentice
- Post Ref: T177 - Climate Change Officer
- Post Ref: H504 - Pool Leisure Assistant
Post Ref: T177 - Climate Change Officer
This is one of five new roles in Environment, a team that sits very much at the heart of the Council. If you are passionate about sustainability and want to work in a role where you can make a real difference, then this is the job for you! You’ll be helping to make a real and long lasting difference as part of our trailblazing Green Futures Programme, supporting our commitment to become carbon neutral by 2027.
As our Climate Change Officer you will helping support the delivery and implementation of the Council’s climate change and green futures programme. This will ensure that we achieve our ambitious carbon neutral commitment by 2027 and then our work towards net zero.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic candidate who works well as part of a team, as you will be working with colleagues and other stakeholders delivering on a range of projects that will manage and mitigate the councils and borough’s carbon emissions.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant environmental field
- Knowledge of environmental policy, sustainability, climate change and related matters
- Ability to understand, analyse, interpret, and report on relevant technical information, including large quantities of data.
- Ability to work autonomously with confidence as well as being able to work effectively within a team
- Effective organisational skills
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and an ability to communicate key messages to a wide audience.
- Hold a full driving licence and able to use own vehicle
Benefits of working for us:
This role offers a range of benefits, including;
- An annual leave entitlement of 30 days plus 8 days’ bank holidays, increasing to 33 days after 5 years’ continuous local government experience, and 35 days after 10 years’ Broxtowe service
- A generous pension scheme
- Supportive family friendly policies
- Training and development opportunities
- Gym Membership discount at Liberty Leisure
- Discounts and offers as part of our employee benefit scheme
What you need to know:
- Working hours are 37 per week, (normal office hours being Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (4.30 p.m. on Fridays), although start and finish times can be agreed with the line manager.
- You will be based at Kimberley depot. We offer a hybrid working arrangement but you will need to spend a minimum of two days a week in the office. Working arrangements can be discussed with your line manager during the interview process.
- You will need access to your own vehicle.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a formal interview, which may include a test/scenario/exercise in order to determine suitability for the role.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Emma Georgiou, Waste and Climate Change Manager on 0115 9177777.
Please quote reference no: T177
Closing date: Wednesday 15 February 2023 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.