- Post Ref: T258 - Arborist
- Post Ref: F35 - Chief Accountant
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: T262/T271 - Gardener Team Leader x 2 posts
- Post Ref : T258 - Arborist
- Post Ref : T249 - Arborist Team Leader
- Post Ref: T503 - Gas Engineer P/T (Domestic Servicing and Repairs)
- Post Ref: H144 - Housing Options Officer
- Post Ref: H19 - Housing Neighbourhood Coordinator
- Post Ref: P12 - Senior Economic Development Officers x2
- Post Ref: T83 - Service Delivery Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: T421- Electrician (Housing Repairs)
- Post Ref: T188 - Waste and Recycling Co-ordinator
- Post Ref: TMT176 - Waste and Recycling Engagement Officer (Temporary)
- Post Ref: TMH264 - Part Time Cleaner (Temporary) Kimberley Leisure Centre
Post Ref: T258 - Arborist
Based at Kimberley Depot the Council is seeking to recruit an Arborist to work as part of our Tree Team.
The team will have a wide range of responsibilities working predominantly throughout the year on small and medium sized trees in the Borough’s parks and open spaces, housing amenity areas and other landscaped areas.
During the peak summer growing period the team will assist with general Ground Maintenance duties involving grass cutting, shrub pruning, hedge maintenance and weed-killing.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of:
- Working as part of a team
- Relevant arboricultural and horticultural work
- Working flexibly to provide a high quality customer focused service
- Using a full range of arboricultural and horticultural machinery
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a relevant arboricultural/horticultural qualification or experience of tree pruning, felling and climbing
- Have good communication skills
- Be self-motivated and committed to improve standards
- Be committed to work outside in all weather conditions
- Have a current driving licence and ability to drive light commercial vehicle (Class C1+E)
- Have spraying certificate Pa1-Pa6a
- Be aware of Health and Safety issues
- Be somebody who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
Should candidates wish to speak informally to the Grounds Maintenance and Arboricultural Manager about the role they should contact Mr S Woodward on 0115 9173163.
Please quote reference number: T258
Closing date: Wednesday 27 October 2021 at 5.00 pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.