- Post Ref: TMPC15 - Learning & Development Apprentice
Post Ref: TMPC15 - Learning & Development Apprentice
An opportunity has arisen within our busy HR department for a Learning and Development Apprentice to formally train and develop the skills to become a Learning and Development professional.
This job will provide on-the-job training and experience in a Local Government setting, combined with undertaking a formal Level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner apprenticeship training course, leading to Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Broxtowe Borough Council includes a wholly-owned Leisure Company and we have around 750 employees. The Learning and Development team deal with all corporate and vocational training matters, including skills development and training records, together with the development and administration of the Council’s learning management system (Broxtowe Learning Zone) and everything in between.
This opportunity will enable the right candidate to fully experience the inner workings of a busy Learning and Development team in a large organisation that serves the public.
You will learn how to deal with everyday employee Learning and Development queries and issues whilst learning problem-solving skills along the journey. You’ll be guided throughout the contract and be able to lean on the experience from the L&D officer.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Supporting people
- Using Microsoft Word and Excel
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Is interested in Learning and Development
- Computer Literate and able to absorb information quickly
- Understands the need to be sensitive and to maintain confidentiality
- Can represent our ’GREAT’ values as a Council
- a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days plus 8 days bank holidays.
- flexible working arrangements including flexi-time
- gym membership discount at Liberty Leisure
- access to a benefits package offering discounts on supermarkets, cinema tickets, high street and online retailers
What you need to know:
- The role is for a fixed term for 2 years
- Working hours are 37 per week, with normal office hours being Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- You will undertake formal training during the contract which will be provided by an external apprenticeship training provider
- Apprenticeships are available to anyone aged 16 or over, with no upper age limit.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a formal interview which will also include a test/scenario/exercise in order to determine suitability for the role.
For an informal chat, please feel free to contact Jean Brennan, Senior Human Resources Officer on 0115 9173223.
Expected interview date: Mid-December
Please quote reference No: TMPC15
Closing date: Wednesday 27 November 2019 at 5.00 pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.