- Post Ref: H45 - Housing Grants Officer
- Post Ref: Relief Leisure Staff
- Post Refs: RELBLC/RELKLC/RELCO - Coach/Instructor Vacancies
- Post Ref: H244b - Part Time Fitness Advisor, Chilwell Olympia
- Post Ref:H45 - Housing Grants Officer
- Post Ref: H114 - Private Sector Housing Officer
- Post Ref: TMPC20 - Temporary Assistant Payroll Officer
- Post Ref: T130 - Senior Maintenance Officer
- Post Ref: T126 - Housing Repairs and Compliance Manager
Post Ref: H45 - Housing Grants Officer
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to process Disabled Facilities Grants, along with any other type of housing grant the Council may offer. Ideally we are looking for someone who has excellent knowledge and understanding of housing construction, with attention to detail and a caring and compassionate outlook. A fair but firm approach is often required to ensure the grant projects progress smoothly and deliver the necessary adaptations to enable our residents to remain safely at home.
An excellent communicator is a must as the post holder liaises with a wide range of people during the grant process including occupational therapists, architects, contractors and residents.
You will be responsible for assessing and deciding if a property can be adapted to provide the necessary facilities for the disabled occupant, based upon the recommendation of an Occupational Therapist referral. You will be required to produce clear and detailed schedules of work and simple plans for cases. The ability to understand detailed and sometimes complex architect’s plans and schedules of work is a necessity.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Working in a housing or construction related discipline
- Undertaking detailed housing inspections and preparing schedules of work
- Checking construction work for defects
- Use of computerised software systems, including word, excel, outlook.
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has good planning, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to maintain clear and concise records
- The ability to make considered decisions
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Has good customer care skills
What you need to know:
The post holder must be able to undertake site inspections
Should you wish to have an informal chat, please contact Sarah North on 0115 917 3092
Please quote reference no. H45
Closing date: Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 5pm
Expected interview date: w/c 3 June 2019.
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.
- a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days plus 8 days bank holidays.
- flexible working arrangements including flexi-time
- gym membership discount at Liberty Leisure
- access to a benefits package offering discounts on supermarkets, cinema tickets, high street and online retailers