- Post Ref: T304 - Civil Enforcement Officer
Post Ref: T304 - Civil Enforcement Officer
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to help deliver an important front line public service at Broxtowe Borough Council. The position is a full time Civil Enforcement Officer to work within an existing enforcement team carrying out enforcement within off-street car parks throughout the Borough of Broxtowe.
The Civil Enforcement Officers are the most visible part of the council’s Parking Services section, patrolling within council car parks to ensure that motorists understand and comply with parking regulations, dealing with queries and issuing Penalty Charge Notices where parking controls have been ignored.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Main duties will involve patrolling car parks throughout the borough in all four town centres to ensure parking controls in off street parking places are observed and enforced in a fair, accurate and consistent manner to the standards required by the Traffic Management Act 2004 and the councils off-street parking place order.
- It is important that you are an excellent and firm communicator at all levels, in a variety of circumstances, and have the ability to deal with difficult, awkward and challenging situations.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
- Have the ability to distinguish the difference between colours for vehicle identification.
- The ability to walk long distances and use steps.
- Hold a full current driving licenceSomeone who represents our GREAT values and behaviours
What you need to know:
Your working pattern will be on a shift rota basis, 37 hours per week, Monday – Saturday.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a formal interview which will include a short test in order to determine suitability for the role.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Expected interview date: Week commencing 2nd December 2019
Please quote reference no: T304
Closing date: Wednesday 20 November 2019 at 5.00pm
Why join us?
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
As a disability confident employer and an organisation that is committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Council embraces flexible ways of working to ensure that we can attract the best talent and experience and get the most from our employees. Whilst meeting the needs of our residents is a priority and we can’t guarantee we can accept all flexible working requests, we are happy to discuss your options when you apply for a job with us.
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy many benefits including a generous pension fund, loyalty awards and family friendly policies to help you balance your work and family life, as well as discounts and offers as part of our employee benefits scheme.