Promising Progress For Broxtowe Budget
“We’re pleased to report that our 17/18 outturn financial position has been very positive and put us in a good position for the future,” said Leader of the Council, Councillor Richard Jackson.
“Thanks to good performance in a number of areas, working in a more commercially minded way and using our assets effectively, the Council is well placed to meet the medium term financial challenges and deliver on its priorities to provide good quality homes, protect the environment, make people feel safe, improve our town centres and make people healthier.”
Key developments in 2017/18 include:
- 1,098 new homes given planning permission and 324 built – the highest number since 2008.
- A 13.57% reduction in fly tipping thanks to a successful litter and fly tipping action plan.
- Development of a new spa at Bramcote Leisure Centre and 3,372 children booked onto weekly swimming lessons.
- Improvements to five parks and open spaces across the Borough, with £0.5 million agreed for further improvements over the next two years.
- Achieved White Ribbon Accreditation for work to reduce domestic violence.
- Progress made on the redevelopment of Beeston Square.
For more information, visit our Performance and Spending pages.