- Beeston Gives Thanks To The Armed Forces
- Beeston Gives Thanks To The Armed Force
- Wild Cat Enclosure: Press Statement
- Protect Your Garden This Summer
- Heroes Honoured For Armed Forces Day
- Have Your Say On Broxtowe Parks
- L Leisure Swim Students Learn Safety Skills For Drowning Prevention Week
- Summer Is Sorted With Jam Packed Events Programme In Broxtowe
- Europe Direct East Midlands (North) Walk-in Centre Launch
Beeston Gives Thanks To The Armed Forces
Soldiers and veterans from 170 (Infra Sp) Engineer Group, based at Chetwynd Barracks in Chilwell, marched through the town today (29th June) as part of a Freedom Of Entry Parade, a special privilege given to the regiment after they were given Freedom of Broxtowe Borough in 2009.
Freedom of the Borough was granted in recognition of their outstanding achievements, commitment and dedication in the service of this country and as an expression of the high regard in which they are held by the Council and members of the community.
Their annual Freedom of Entry Parade, where they exercise this Freedom by marching through the Borough, has become a popular local event.
Following the parade, soldiers attended a church service, followed by refreshments at the Royal British Legion.