- Mayor of Broxtowe Says Thank You To Charity Fundraisers
- Broxtowe Residents Urged To Stay Alert This Bank Holiday
- Access the Virtual Planning Committee Meeting
- 45% Reduction in Carbon Emissions Kick Starts Broxtowe’s Green Futures Programme
- Broxtowe Borough Council working to secure leisure services in the north of the Borough
- COVID-19 Support is available for Broxtowe homes from the Warm Homes Hub!
- 44th Mayor Installed In Broxtowe
- Never suffer in silence with domestic abuse
- Mayor of Broxtowe Says Thank You to Charity Fundraisers
- Broxtowe Residents Urged To Stay At Home This Bank Holiday
- Broxtowe Mayor thanks residents for their donations but says more is needed
Mayor of Broxtowe Says Thank You To Charity Fundraisers
Michael said: “I would like to give my heartfelt thank you to the local Councillors, friends and local business who have all generously donated their time and resources to raise a hefty amount of money for the charity. The last few weeks of my year in office have been a little different due to the pandemic and I haven’t been able to get out and about to thank people in person and raise a higher amount but I hope they know how much I appreciate the amazing work they have done to help me raise this money for the Cardiac Unit.
I’m really touched by the support I have received during my year in office. Without the help of the fundraisers, I could not have raised such a splendid sum of money. The money they raised will certainly make a difference to the services provided by the Trent Cardiac Unit.”
A variety of fundraising events took place during Michael’s year in office, including a Golf Day, tea dance, and Italian Dinner at Beauvale Priory, Moorgreen. The Mayor is now backing the Broxtowe Community Appeal which is crowdfunding for £10,000 by 24th May to donate to local community and voluntary groups who are supporting the most vulnerable during the pandemic. This will top up the £58,000 of emergency funding the Council has already donated to these groups. Anyone wishing to donate can do so at www.spacehive.com/broxtowe-community-appeal (Opens in a new window).
A new Mayor will take office at the Annual Council Meeting tomorrow(13th May) which will be held virtually. A meeting link will be available on the Council’s website prior to the meeting.