- The Mayor’s Christmas Appeal
- Nottinghamshire to enter Tier 3 COVID-19 Restrictions
- Business Support Grants Statement
- Residents ideas taken forward in Broxtowe
- COVID Marshals work with COVID Information Officers
- Landlord has licence removed and pub closed after string of incidents including COVID-19 rule breaches
- ECO brings improved heating and savings
- Support grants for Broxtowe businesses during Tier Two, Three and Lockdown Restrictions
- The Mayor’s Christmas Appeal
- Free Bulky Waste Removal for Broxtowe Residents
- Celebrating Diwali Safely
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive receives huge interest
- The sad passing of Councillor Ray Darby
- Important COVID-19 Information - A Letter from the Leader of the Council
- A Message from the Mayor of Broxtowe
- Statement on Business Support Grants
- Honour our fallen from home: Remembrance 2020
- Life Saving Defibrillators Installed In Beeston
The Mayor’s Christmas Appeal
This is a year we will never forget. Christmas is coming, and for many it will be very difficult because of the pandemic. Some of us have lost loved ones, some have lost our jobs and we all are concerned about the future.
Christmas is a time of giving and I am asking you again to show that we are a caring community, and to make sure that no one will go hungry in Broxtowe this Christmas. The idea is to provide those in the greatest need with a Mayor’s Christmas Hamper and shopping vouchers that can be used in local retailers.
We are working with local foodbanks and schools across the Borough and so we are asking you to donate either cash or any of the following items to help the appeal by 4th December.
When dropping off these items please remember to follow the COVID-19 guidance rules. Ensure you are wearing a face covering (unless exempt) and follow social distancing guidelines.
These are the collection points for items:
Beeston Hope House, NG9 2RF Mon-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm Sat 9:30 -10:30am
Broxtowe Community Project, Monday, Friday and Saturday 10:00am-1:00pm in person, but there is a 24/7 donation box outside. 201 Queens Road, Beeston, NG9 2BZ
Chilwell Chilwell Phoenix Food Bank, Inham Nook Pavilion, Pearson Avenue, Chilwell, NG9 4GS, Thursday 4:00pm – 6:30pm, Friday 9:30am to 11:00 am
Stapleford Church at Montrose Court off Melbourne Road, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9:00am-11:00am
The Haven Church and Community Centre, Wadsworth Road, Stapleford, NG9 8BD
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30am – 1:00pm
Stapleford Community Group, 245 Ilkeston Road, Stapleford, NG9 8JH, Monday to Sunday between 6pm and 8pm
Eastwood Eastwood Food Bank, Eastwood Volunteer Bureau, Wellington Place, Eastwood, NG16 3GB Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 1:30pm
- Christmas puddings
- Christmas cakes
- Biscuits for cheese
- Cranberry sauce
- Soft drinks such as Shloer
- Candy canes
- Christmas Tree chocolate decorations
Working together as a Borough we will try and ensure that no one in Broxtowe goes without this Christmas. So let us all spread a little Christmas cheer.
Broxtowe Borough Council has set up a special account to receive donations. Donations can be received via bank transfer made payable to: Broxtowe Borough Council: sort code 20-63-33, Bank Account 33163776. Please quote Christmas Appeal (05547/8595) as a reference. Using this reference will ensure that your donations are efficiently allocated to the Appeal. All donations whether large or small are equally welcome.