- Bike Marking Event launches In Beeston North
- Bike Marking Event Launches In Beeston North
- Mayor Thanks Broxtowe For Generous Donations To Christmas Appeal 2021
- Support Small Businesses in Broxtowe This Christmas
- Alight in Beeston: Neon street art to be unveiled during town’s first Light Night
- Get Christmas Wrapped Up at Kimberley’s Christmas Market
- Mayor of Broxtowe Has Launched 2021 Christmas Appeal
- £1m Town Centre Recovery Fund Announced for Stapleford Businesses
- Council creates Garden of Remembrance in Eastwood
Bike Marking Event launches In Beeston North
The event is the first in a series of Borough-wide initiatives forming part of Broxtowe Borough Council’s new Bike Theft Prevention Plan.
Using the UK’s national, police approved, bicycle marking and registration scheme; BikeRegister, children and adults can come along between 11am and 1pm and get their bike registered for free.
The scheme works by adding your bike to a national database, which now has over one million bicycles registered. You will receive a laminated, tamper resistant warning label with a unique QR code that can be scanned instantly with a smart phone.
Registering on BikeRegister(Opens in a New Window) means you could be reunited with your bike in the event of it being stolen, and the labelling acts as a deterrent to would-be thieves.
Just bring your bike and a smart phone and we’ll do the rest.