- Broxtowe Marks Holocaust Memorial Day
- Exhibition delves into D.H. Lawrence’s difficult relationship with publishers
- Celebrations as Stapleford Cycle Hub reaches 100th customer milestone
- £16.5 million secured to invest in Kimberley
- Applications encouraged for Broxtowe Good Ideas Fund
- New luxury dessert bar to open in Beeston Square this week
- Stapleford Town Centre Recovery Fund Now Back Open!
- Mould and damp survey for residents in privately rented homes in Broxtowe
- People invited to have their say on new Strategic Plan for the Greater Nottingham Area
Broxtowe Marks Holocaust Memorial Day
Mayor of the Borough of Broxtowe, Councillor David Grindell will join the Leader of the Council, Councillor Milan Radulovic MBE, Ray Sylvester of Nottingham Liberal Synagogue and pupils from Alderman White School in delivering readings and choir performances to reflect the theme of this year’s event, ‘Ordinary People’ and members of the public are warmly encouraged to attend.
Councillor Grindell said: “Every year people are invited to join the service at Bramcote Hills Park in the Holocaust Memorial Garden. The last few years have shown us the importance of coming together as a community and recognising our shared strengths and values.
This year’s theme ‘Ordinary People’ seeks to highlight the role of people like you and me when placed in awful situations. As a society, we owe it to each other to continually strive to create a safe, prejudice-free community for all to flourish. The Holocaust Memorial ceremony reminds us to remember and honour the ordinary people who have lost their lives as a result of genocide.”
The event will also be live streamed on our Facebook page(Opens in a New Window) from 11.00am.