- £15,369 boost for Broxtowe Community Fund
- Broxtowe community comes together following Storm Babet
- Storm Babet: 'Major Incident' declared in Nottinghamshire
- Youth Social Action Week supports the next generation to protect the environment
- Broxtowe Launches Three New Business Grants Thanks to UKSPF
- Shape spending in Broxtowe
- New Electric Bikes Helping Officers Tackle Crime Across Eastwood
- New D.H. Lawrence Museum exhibition celebrates talented young writers
- A fundraising campaign is being launched by local skatepark users to help raise money for a brand new skatepark in Stapleford.
£15,369 boost for Broxtowe Community Fund
The Broxtowe Community Fund (BCF) has been set up by The Mayor of Broxtowe, Councillor Teresa Cullen, as an independent financial resource available for voluntary and charity organisations in Broxtowe. The BCF can be used by community projects to develop volunteering opportunities, help people prepare to get in to work, and to support organisations to expand their reach into different areas of the Borough.
Mayor of Broxtowe, Councillor Teresa Cullen said: “This is such a generous donation for our community fund, which will enable us to support some of the groups and organisations in the Borough who are making a real difference to local people’s lives.
“I know from first-hand experience that unlike other areas, organisations in Broxtowe do not have access to a community fund dedicated to helping local people in need. In this increasingly difficult financial climate we need to provide support for our Broxtowe based voluntary organisations so the crucial work they undertake can continue.
I can’t do this alone, but if the whole of Broxtowe comes together we will achieve this together. I welcome all donations, large or small and am happy to meet with anyone who would like to help us.”
Louisa Payne, EEM Head of Operations, added: "It brings us great pleasure to contribute to the BCF. As a not-for-profit procurement consortium, our primary aim is to help the public sector realise savings in their procurement of goods and services. We then distribute our operating surplus to our members through Community Donations like this one. We are really looking forward to seeing how this donation will directly benefit the Broxtowe community."
If you are interested in supporting the Broxtowe Community Fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.