- Council Leader issues statement on the closure of Wilko
- Have your say on polling place review
- People invited to have their say on future strategic distribution and logistics developments within the Greater Nottingham Area
- Stapleford businesses celebrate £1m high street revitalisation
- Nottinghamshire Climate Change Partnership wins award
- A taste of Victorian decadence: Gin Tasting at the D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum
- Broxtowe Apprenticeship Programme Shortlisted For Local and National Awards
- Volunteers help preserve the building where D.H. Lawrence was born
- Just two weeks to go until the Green Festival in Eastwood!
- Over Two Tonnes of Rubbish Cleared Away Thanks to Safer Streets
- Future strategic distribution and logistics developments within the Greater Nottingham Area
Council Leader issues statement on the closure of Wilko
“The closure of Wilkinsons is a huge loss to our local high streets and our thoughts are with those employees affected. Whilst we are encouraged that Poundland have expressed an interest in the sites, the Council will continue to offer its full support to helping local people find alternative work.
Officers will be attending the redundancy support event near Wilkinson’s HQ, Worksop and will be at Jobs Fair at the Victory Club in Beeston on 13 October.
We are also exploring a special event in Kimberley for employees who were based at the store there and the Giltbrook branch who may be affected.”
Leader of Broxtowe Borough Council, Councillor Milan Radulovic MBE