Stapleford Town Deal
It was announced in September 2019 that £3.6bn is being made available to regenerate over 100 towns across the UK. Stapleford has been chosen as one of the towns to receive funding. Each town is set to receive up to £25m worth of investment in a number of areas.
The Government published a prospectus in October 2019 setting out the three areas of regeneration, the Towns Fund will focus on:
- urban regeneration, planning and land use,
- skills and enterprise infrastructure and
More information on the Stapleford Town Deal
- How will Stapleford get a Town Deal?
- Have Your Say
- Future milestones
- Town Deal Executive Board
- Town Deal Stakeholder Group
- The Town Deal area
How will Stapleford get a Town Deal?
The Council have convened an Executive Town Deal board that will be tasked with creating and submitting a Town Investment Plan (TIP) for Stapleford by 'Summer 2020'. This will include a programme of work to be delivered by the agreed Towns Fund.
A Stakeholder Group has also been put in place to feed in to the Executive board, to support the production of this plan. Alongside this we have consulted with local residents, businesses and other local organisations as to their own ideas and the ideas generated by the two boards.
As the Town Investment Plan for Stapleford develops, there will be further opportunities to feedback on the ideas and the delivery plan, which will set out how, where and when any included projects will take place.
For the first phase of our consultation, we asked residents, workers and local businesses from Stapleford to think about ways to improve the area. It was asked suggestions were not limited to the town centre and rather looked at improving the whole of Stapleford. Where it was possible, we asked that any ideas submitted were aligned to at least one of the three Town Fund objectives.
The second phase of our consultation plans we asked residents, workers and local businesses from Stapleford and the wider area to comment on the ideas generated through the masterplanning exercise that has been carried out over the last few months. This took in to account the consultation at the beginning of the process as well as input from both boards.
To facilitate ideas generation and ensure people have the opportunity to continuously feed into their respective Town Deal process, the Government launched the #MyTown campaign, which involves an online MyTowns portal (opens in a new window) for all stakeholders to access and leave their feedback.
The current timeline set out in the Government’s Towns Fund Prospectus
All Town Deal Boards convened (including the publication of town boundary)
End of January 2020
Further Government guidance published
Submission cohorts for Town Investment Plans
31st July 2020
End of October 2020
End of January 2021
Town Deals agreed
Further to these milestones, the Town Deal board have an evolving work programme with multiple opportunities for the public to directly input into the Town Deal process and production of the final Town Investment Plan (TIP). Thishas been done through extensive online consultations given the current Covid 19 restrictions as well as further written communications and press releases.
The Council have convened the Town Deal Executive Board inline with the Government published Towns Fund Prospectus. The inaugural meeting took place on Friday 10th January 2020. The board meets monthly by default. There was slight interruption due to changes in acceptable working practices in response to the Covid 19 outbreak.
Meeting minutes and summary documents
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 10th January 2020 (pdf.) (283KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 17th January 2020 (pdf.) (277KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 14th February 2020 (pdf.) (520KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 13th March 2020 (pdf.) (509KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 1st May 2020 (pdf.) (402KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 29th May 2020 (pdf.) (516KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Executive Board Minutes FINAL - Friday 26th June 2020 (pdf.) (528KB) (Opens in a new window)
Further supporting information
- Board Composition (pdf.) (317KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Member Profiles (pdf.) (560KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Terms of Reference (pdf.) (126KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Code of Conduct (pdf.) (121KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Statement of Communication and Engagement (pdf.) (233KB) (Opens in a new window)
On the announcement of the Towns Fund, the Government used the 'Stapleford BUASD' boundary provided by the Office of National Statistics, to initially define Stapleford. This is the geographic area to be represented by the Stapleford Town Deal board, where investments detailed in the TIP will occur.
Click to view an interactive map of the Town Deal area. This map will see additional features added over the Town Deal process - Interactive Map (Opens New Window)