Are You Eligible?
The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
Licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.
How We Process Your Application
Applications for site licences are made to Broxtowe Borough Council in whose area the land situated.
Applications must be in writing, should detail the land the application concerns and any other information required by Broxtowe Borough Council.
No fees are required for sites where the licence is for holiday use only.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:
restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
controlling the types of caravans on the site
controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
to ensure steps are taken enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
fire safety and fire fighting controls
to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained
Your application will be processed within 3 months.
If you do not receive the license, you will be not be able to trade.
Find out more about Appeals and Complaints
- Association of Caravan and Camping Exempted Organisations (ACCEO)
- British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA)
- British Resorts and Destinations Association
- Caravan Industry Training (CITO)
- Federation of Tour Operators (FTO)
- Group Travel Organisers Association (GTOA)
- Hotel Marketing Association
- National Caravan Council (NCC)