- Waste and Recycling
- Council Tax
- Advice, Help & Support
- Animal Welfare
- Benefits & Grants
- Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Community & Living
- Crime, Safety & Emergencies
- Do It Online
- Elections & Voting
- Energy Saving
- Noise, Pollution and Pests
- Food Hygiene and Safety
- Leisure and Culture
- Litter and Street Cleansing
- Mediation Service
- Parks and Nature Conservation
- Roads, Parking & Travel
- Schools & Learning
- Town Centres in Broxtowe
We’re looking for talented people to join our team, who want to make a difference to our local community.
Visit our current vacancies webpage to see if anything is suitable for you.
Our vision is about making Broxtowe a great place, where people enjoy living, working and spending leisure time.
Our Corporate Plan sets out how we’re going to achieve this. Our priorities are:
- Housing – a good quality, affordable home for all residents.
- Business Growth - new and growing businesses providing more jobs for people in Broxtowe and improved town centres.
- Environment - The environment in Broxtowe will be protected and enhanced for future generations.
- Health - People in Broxtowe enjoy longer active and healthy lives.
- Community Safety - Broxtowe will be a place where people feel safe and secure in their communities.
The Council has five GREAT values which represent our standards and expectations of how we’ll work.
- Going the extra mile - a strong, caring focus on the needs of all communities
- Ready for change - innovation and readiness for change
- Employees - valuing employees and enabling the active involvement of everyone
- Always improving - continuous improvement and delivering value for money
- Transparent - integrity and professional competence
We aim to ensure the best possible equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and service delivery and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Read our Equality and Diversity Policy. (.pdf) (647.93KB) (Opens in a New Window)
Why work with us
As a Broxtowe Borough Council employee you can enjoy benefits including:
- Nottinghamshire Pension Fund – employees are able to join the Nottinghamshire Pension Fund, a secure pension scheme with plenty of options to suit you.
- Employee Awards – we run an annual employee awards scheme to recognise the contributions and hard work of Council Officers.
- Loyalty Awards- we recognise loyalty, dedication and hard work and regularly celebrate the contribution made by those who have completed 25 years of service.
- Training and Development – we invest in our employees to help them develop and progress with a range of corporate and job specific training available.
- Family friendly policies – we have a wide range of family friendly policies to help employees balance their working lives with family responsibilities.
- Health and fitness– half price health and fitness memberships at our Leisure Centres for you and one friend or family member.
- Childcare Vouchers– there a number of childcare voucher options to help support working parents.
- Brock’s benefits – our employee benefits scheme offers great discounts on special offers including UK breaks, hotels, meals, theme parks and theatres, along with cash-back and discounts on high street shopping.
- Mindful Charter – the Council is signed up to the Mindful Charter as part of our commitment to creating a supportive and open culture where employees can talk about mental health.
- Disability Confident – the Council is a disability confident employer (Opens in a New Window)
- Armed Forces Covenant – the Council has signed an Armed Forces Community Covenant to encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces community in our area and has been awarded bronze in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (Opens in a New Window).