Information on the progress made on the Council’s Corporate Plan.
We've made some good progress in the third year of our Corporate Plan which is summarised in our Performance 2018/19 summary.
See the highlights below or read the full summary (.pdf) (234KB) (Opens in a New Window).
- 496 new homes built on brownfeld sites since 2016, with planning permission granted for a further 1,321.
- 93% tenant satisfaction on average, exceeding our targets and placing us in the upper quartile for House Mark.
- Award won for our Warmer Homes on Prescription Scheme .
- £1.64 million spent on improving the homes of people with disabilities and 126 empty homes brought back in to use.
- 130 more businesses in Broxtowe than in 2016, as well as a new business start-up grant scheme and business hub.
- 29 businesses have received a free business health check to help them grow and free WiFi has been installed in 3 of our town centres.
- Purchased the leasehold interest of Beeston Square in a £30 million deal for a mixed use and residential building including food and drink outlets and secured a new cinema for the site. This brought in approximately £650,000 of rental income in 2017/18.
- 10% decrease in fly tipping incidents, bucking local trends and launched our Clean and Green campaign which has seen 200 residents join Community Clean Teams so far.
- Over 19,600 residents recycling their garden waste and over 32,000 litres less diesel used by our refuse vehicles.
- 91% of parks now meet our Broxtowe Parks Standard, with plans to improve other sites as part of our £500,000 Pride in Parks scheme – together with external funding, over £783,000 will be invested.
- 4 Public Space Protection Orders to prevent vehicle nuisances, public access and irresponsible dog owners. Over 100 Community Protection Warnings and Notices have helped reduce ant-social behaviour, along with actions such as re-possession of properties and injunctions.
- Accredited as part of the White Ribbon Campaign and facilitated free legal advice surgeries for victims of domestic violence and training about dealing with domestic abuse.
- 4,990,460 visits to our Leisure Centres, and 3,470 children currently booked on to swimming lessons as part of our leisure company, LLeisure. Bramcote Leisure Centre is the largest single site swim school in the East Midlands.
- 18 takeaways signed up to the Healthy Options Takeaway Scheme, new clinics opened to help residents improve their health including stopping smoking and weight management and a Mental Health Working Group has been established.
- 6 Public Space Protection Orders to prohibit alcohol fuelled anti-social behaviour and training sessions held to raise awareness of substance misuse.