Universal Credit

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new working-age benefit being introduced gradually across the country as part of the government’s welfare reforms if you’re on a low income or out of work.

Universal Credit replaces:

  • Jobseeker’s Allowance

  • Housing Benefit

  • Working Tax Credit

  • Child Tax Credit

  • Employment and Support Allowance

  • Income Support

If you require further information about Universal Credit please click here.

Please note: You will not be able to claim help with your Council Tax within Universal Credit. You will need to complete a Council Tax Support Application form. This can be done online or by completing and returning a Council Tax Support



Broxtowe Borough Council
tel: 0115 917 7777