- Submit a Planning Application
Submit a Planning Application
Information on submitting a planning application.
Before you submit an application:
- You must use the standard national 1APP planning application forms. Your application may need to be accompanied by a range of additional information before it can be accepted. Check you have complied with the Validation Requirements. We cannot register your application otherwise.
- Make sure all plans and drawings have critical dimensions and a recognised metric scale marked on them, including heights, width and length of buildings and extensions and distances to site boundaries. These are necessary to ensure the plans are readable on our website and to ensure that it is clear what you are applying for and what the Council are granting permission for.
- Fees for planning applications are set nationally, whilst the fees for pre-application advice (.pdf) (133KB) (Opens in a New Window) and a Domestic enquiry (.pdf) (720KB) (Opens in a New Window), are set by the Council.
- The Council is not able to process an application unless the appropriate fee has been received.
Online is the quickest and easiest way to submit your application.
- You can submit and pay for your application online via the Planning Portal (Opens in a New Window) using a debit or credit card.
- The first time you visit the site, you can also set up a username and password which will allow you to make future applications more quickly.
- As well as submitting your form, you can attach drawings, other documents and create OS plans of your site.
- Please do not close the payment window until you have received confirmation of payment and your receipt.
Pay by Phone
- You can use your debit or credit card to pay over the phone by calling 0115 917 3461. Payments can be taken between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.