It’s easy to go about our day without realising the impact our choices might be having on the environment.
You can use the WWF Carbon Footprint tool (Opens in a new window) to assess your current footprint and get tips on how to improve it.
Here are some simple changes you can make to reduce your carbon footprint:
- If you can, ride a bike or walk to your destination rather than driving a car. Active travel is not only beneficial for the environment, it’s also good for you!
- Reduce, reuse and recycle your waste – visit our waste and recycling pages for more information.
- Take a reusable coffee cup and a water bottle with you when you go out.
- Buy local food and eat seasonal produce. If you can grow your own!
- Take a reusable bag out shopping with you.
- Extend the life of your clothes by repairing them.
- Buy second clothing if possible.
- Donate your unwanted clothes to charity.
- Say NO to fast fashion.
More tips on living a more sustainable lifestyle can be found at: 50 Ways to Make Your Life More Environmentally Friendly (Opens in a new window)