Ideas for reducing your carbon footprint when going about your day to day activities.
It’s easy to go about our day without realising the impact our choices might be having on the environment.
You can use the WWF Carbon Footprint tool (Opens in a new window) to assess your current footprint and get tips on how to improve it.
Here are some simple changes you can make to reduce your carbon footprint:
- If you can, ride a bike or walk to your destination rather than driving a car. Active travel is not only beneficial for the environment, it’s also good for you!
- Reduce, reuse and recycle your waste – visit our waste and recycling pages for more information.
- Take a reusable coffee cup and a water bottle with you when you go out.
- Buy local food and eat seasonal produce. If you can grow your own!
- Take a reusable bag out shopping with you.
- Extend the life of your clothes by repairing them.
- Buy second clothing if possible.
- Donate your unwanted clothes to charity.
- Say NO to fast fashion.
More tips on living a more sustainable lifestyle can be found at: 50 Ways to Make Your Life More Environmentally Friendly (Opens in a new window)