The workforce is aided with mechanical assistance that includes two large channel sweepers and two mini sweepers. In addition there is a team that removes litter from the council's parks and open spaces.
Litter accumulation is unsightly and gives a poor impression of the Borough to residents and visitors.
What we cleanse
- The teams cleanse adopted highways (streets that are owned by the council), footpaths, car parks and Open Spaces.
- Our four main town centres, which comprise of Beeston, Stapleford, Kimberley and Eastwood are cleansed on a daily basis (Monday to Saturday). Mechanical sweeping is undertaken on a weekly basis to remove smaller items of litter. Residential areas are swept at a maximum of every twelve weeks and areas that are deemed as problematic are visited on a more regular basis.
- Our sweeping programme covers the whole year and is amended if weather conditions deteriorate in the winter months. During the autumn months extra resources are deployed to carry out leaf fall clearance.
- Dog fouling is removed from pedestrian areas and over two hundred bins are emptied and serviced every week.
- Over 1000 litter and dog bins are spreads across the borough and are emptied and serviced every week.
- Reports of hypodermic needles from council owned or private land are removed using trained staff within 24 hours.
You can help us by
- Being tidy with your litter and chewing gum
- Using the free household waste recycling centres
- Having waste collection contracts for your business
- Not leaving your dogs mess for others
- Not parking where you want us to clean