Skills, Employment and Training Organisations
Inspire Learning offers a wide variety of learning courses in-person and virtually, including:
- Inspire College bases in Stapleford and Eastwood equipping NEET young people with improved maths and English qualifications, and crucial skills for the workplace and adult life.
- Inspire Adult Learning offering a huge range of courses and accredited qualifications from Beeston, Stapleford, and Eastwood library.
- The Multiply programme with Nottinghamshire County Council, supporting adults to improve their numeracy skills in all forms.
- Delivering employment support across the Borough including a Jobs Club at Eastwood library.
- Sizeable offer offer to businesses, including FREE numeracy and bespoke IT training support, and Level 5 Leadership and Management programme, among others
For further information, visit the Inspire learning page (Opens in a New Window).
HS2 Job Board
The construction of the new HS2 railway will create thousands of skilled jobs over the coming years – and it is vital that communities living along the route can access these opportunities. HS2 has now launched a brand new jobs website to promote the 20,000+ roles that the project will support over the coming years.
Aimed at those looking for work or a change of career, the opportunity to search the very latest vacancies with HS2’s construction partners and station contractors delivering Phase One of the railway – this is first time that all the opportunities to work directly on HS2 will be available to search in one place. Importantly, these jobs aren’t just for engineers and construction workers, they stretch from apprentice level up to senior management, covering a variety of disciplines.
For further information, visit the HS2 Job Board website (Opens in a New Window).
University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham work with hundreds of organisations both large and small, to find innovative solutions to the challenges they face.
With over 3,000 academics at our campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia, we offer world-class research expertise and state-of-the-art facilities to provide that crucial competitive edge.
They can also provide the opportunity to recruit their talented workforce, provide training to develop current staff and license a technology that the University of Nottingham have developed.
For further information, visit the University of Nottingham website (Opens in a New Window).
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is proud to work with small and medium-sized organisations to help them to grow and develop. The support they provide includes subsidised placements, consultancy, workshops and events.
While NTU work with organisations locally, nationally and internationally, for small and medium businesses in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire NTU can offer specific subsidised business innovation support through the Enabling Innovation programme.
For further information, please visit the Nottingham Trent University website (Opens in a New Window)
Nottingham College is a leading recruitment and training provider, specialising in apprenticeship recruitment and training for businesses spread across numerous sectors.
For further information visit the Nottingham College website. (Opens in a New Window)
DBC Training - Employ Local
- Employ Local is an employment support service for: Businesses who are looking to recruit in Derby, Derbyshire, and/or Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Unemployed individuals looking for work in Derby, Derbyshire, and/or Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
For employers they provide:
- A FREE full recruitment service – we match candidates to your requirements
- Quality Candidates Bespoke advertising and promotion of your vacancies
- Single point of contact
- Thorough vetting process
- Pre-employment training
For further information, please visit the DBC Training - Employ Local website. (Opens in a New Window)
SKILLS Local has a focus on helping local employers build a skilled workforce and to facilitate long term success and growth within the Derbyshire and Nottingham region. The funding of accredited training is available to SMEs across a number of LEP priority sectors. Training is offered through a wide range of delivery partners and will help develop the skills of employees and help support the development of businesses within the region.
The programme will work closely with you to analyse your training needs and provide the best solution to help up-skill your staff to have maximum impact on your businesses growth
The approach to learning is tailored to the unique needs of your business, using a blended approach of online learner led training and focused tutor supported learning.
A qualified tutor will support your staff on your premises with no requirement for day release, delivery is built around your businesses needs to minimise operational impact on your business.
- Online modules will also enable staff to study at their own pace and remote support is always available.
- The programme is open to all SMEs with less than 250 employees within the D2N2 area.
- Participant must be 19 years old and have not already achieved a similar qualification.
- Financial incentives are available for employees that progress on to apprenticeships (conditions apply)
For further information, please visit the Skills Local Website. (Opens in a New Window)
Futures is a social enterprise at the forefront of providing jobs and skills advice, training and apprenticeships to support young people and adults into work or training.
For further information visit the Futures Advice Website. (Opens in a New Window)
Job Centre Plus
If you are a Broxtowe resident who is currently looking for employment, please use the offsite links section to view current vacancies through the Job Centre's in the area.
You can also keep up to date with vacancies through social media of interested companies.
Alternatively, you can also visit your local Job Centre Branch. There are three branches covering the Broxtowe Area:
3 Acacia Walk
(Beeston and Stapleford Residents)
58 South Street
Founded in 2009 they are a social enterprise, with a great commitment to giving back to the community. They specialise in providing high quality staff training and apprentices, giving people the skills they need to create a better future.
For further information please visit Right Track. (Opens in a New Window)