- Armed Forces and Veterans
- Assets of Community Value
- Broxtowe Borough Partnership
- Broxtowe Lotto
- Broxtowe Maps
- CAT Meetings
- Census 2021
- Clean and Green Campaign
- Halls for Hire
- Live Well
- Reconnect this winter
- Support For Event Organisers
- Warm Homes
- Community Cohesion
- Broxtowe Holiday Activities and Food Programme 2021
There are an estimated 21 million people in England who have a close friend or family member with dementia and in Nottinghamshire, there are more than 13,000 people living with the disease.
What is the Council doing to make Broxtowe a dementia friendly place
- Signed up to the Dementia Action Alliance.
- Training Dementia Champions who can deliver Dementia Friends Training.
- E-learning for employees to help them understand how to support those with dementia.
- Voucher scheme for access to dementia friendly sessions for those affected and their carers.
- Building dementia friendly homes - there are now three dementia friendly housing schemes in Beeston and Eastwood.
- Encourage business to sign up to the Dementia Action Alliance.
- Encourage shops and businesses to display dementia friendly logo.
- Improve signage in Council buildings to be sympathetic toward people with dementia.
- Developed a Dementia Action Plan.
There are two Memory Cafes in Broxtowe who support those with dementia and their carers.
- Beeston Memory Cafe http://beestonmemorycafe.com/ (Opens in a new window)
- Eastwood Memory Cafe http://eastwoodmemorycafe.btck.co.uk/ (Opens in a new window)
- Dementia Friends - www.dementiafriends.org.uk/ (Opens in a new window)
- The Alzheimers Society - www.alzheimers.org.uk/ (Opens in a new window)
- Age UK Dementia Support - www.ageuk.org.uk/notts/our-services/dementia-support/ (Opens in a new window)
- Nottinghamshire County Council Dementia Support - www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/adult-social-care/mental-health-wellbeing/dementia-alzheimers (Opens in a new window)