As part of our dedication to ensuring all of our Homes meet the Government’s Decent Homes Standard and our own Broxtowe Standard, we regularly carry out modernisations works to keep our properties in a good condition.
The Decent Homes Standard
A Decent Home must meet the following criteria:
- It must meet the current statutory minimum standard for housing
- It must be in a reasonable state of repair
- It must have reasonably modern facilities and services
- It must provide a reasonable degree of thermal comfort
The Broxtowe Standard
For a home to meet the Broxtowe Standard it must have:
- A Kitchen less than 20 years old
- PVCU Windows
- Security Enhancements
- Full Central Heating
The projects the Capital Works team are involved in include:
- Asbestos Removal in Council Properties
- Council Property Car Parking Improvements
- Door Replacements
- Garage Refurbishments
- Gas Central Heating
- Insulation Works
- Kitchen and Bathroom Modernisations
- Lift Replacements
- New Council Homes
- Paving Works
- Pre-paint Repairs
- Smoke Detector Installation
Find Out More:
Information on the process of the modernisation of your council home and our code of practice.
Information on our Contracted Partners and the services they provide.
Contact information for emergency repairs to modernisation works outside of the Council's regular office hours.
Information of allowances for decoration following building maintenance works.