Premises License Applications

Where an individual or a company proposes to offer gambling for which an operating licence is required, and which is premises based, that individual or company will also need to apply for a premises licence.



View Guidance on Premises Licence Applications (.pdf) (90KB) (Opens in a New Window)

Are You Eligible?

If you run any of the following, you will need to apply for a Premises Licence.

  • Casino premises

  • Bingo premises

  • Betting premises, Including tracks

  • Adult gaming centres

  • Family entertainment centres

How We Process Your Application

All application forms should be sent to:

Licensing Department

Broxtowe Borough Council

Foster Avenue



The Gambling Commission is responsible for issuing operating licences under the Gambling Act 2005 to organisations and individuals who are providing facilities for gambling.

It also issues personal licences to certain categories of people working in the gambling industry. The Commission requires key employees in certain management positions to hold a personal licence. 

Except in the case of tracks (where the occupier of the track who holds the operating licence may not be the person who actually offers the gambling) premises licences may only be issued to people with a relevant gambling operating licence or who are in the process of applying for an operator's licence.

For example, to obtain a bingo premises licence the applicant must hold a bingo operating licence. Premises licences are only transferable to someone else holding a valid operating licence.

Find out more about Fees

Find out more about Appeals and Complaints


View the Gambling Act 2005 (Opens in a New Window)

Helpful Organisations

The Gambling Commission (Opens in a New Window)

tel: 0115 917 3241