• Requesting Surveillance Footage

Requesting Surveillance Footage

Information on how to request images and videos of yourself recorded using CCTV

You can request images of yourself (subject access request) which have been recorded by the council's surveillance camera systems. However any requests must comply with the Data Protection Act 2018.

Request Forms

Make an Individual Subject Access Request (.pdf) (185KB) (Opens in a New Window)

Make a Police Disclosure Request (.pdf) (164KB) (Opens in a New Window)

Make a Third Party (Insurance) Disclosure Request (.pdf) (167KB) (Opens in a New Window)

If, under the Data Protection Act and Protection of Freedoms Act, we can meet your request but there may be a charge to view the footage.  There may be additional charges if we have to obscure images of other people in the film, or for any media supplied such as DVDs.

If you, your car or property have been involved in an incident and you believe this may have been caught on the council's surveillance cameras, you should first report the incident to the Police who should investigate the matter on your behalf.

We cannot provide any footage which is part of an ongoing Police investigation. In this case you or your representative would need to contact the Police Officer dealing with the case for authorisation prior to making the request.

It's not always possible to resolve every issue by the use of surveillance systems and in some cases it may not be appropriate to use surveillance systems to achieve an objective.  The council are governed by government policy and guidance, therefore operate is accordance with the Surveillance Commissioners Code of Practice and the recommended 12 Principles of Surveillance.