Free Bulky Waste Days in March
We’re running a programme of bulky waste days across the Borough as part of our Clean and Green Campaign. You’ll be able to take your bulky waste to one of the following locations on the listed dates to be disposed of for free.
Saturday 14th March
Beeston Fields Recreation ground Off Central Avenue Car Park from 8:00am until 10:30am.
Devonshire Avenue Car park in Beeston from 11:00am until 13:30pm.
White Lion Pub Bramcote Car Park from 8:00am until 12:00pm.
Trowell Parish Hall Car Park from 8:00am until 10:30am.
Greenwood Centre Toton Car Park from 11:00am until 13:30pm.
Saturday 21st March
Brinsley Parish Hall Car Park from - 8:00am until 10:30am.
Mansfield Recreation Ground Car Park Eastwood from 11:00am until 13:30pm.
Awsworth Parish Hall Car Park from 8:00am until 13:30pm.
Oldmoor Lodge Nuthall Car Park from 8:00am until 10:30am.
Greasley Sports Centre Car Park from 11:00am until 13:30pm.
Saturday 28th March
Potters Court Car Park off Hutton Close in Bramcote from 8:00am until 13:30pm.
Victoria Street Car Park in Stapleford from 8:00am until 13:30pm.
Station Road Car Park in Kimberley from 8:00am until 10:30am.
Queens Head Pub Car Park in Watnall from 11:00am until 13:30pm.
A full list of items we can accept can be found below.
|Can Collect - Examples||Don't Collect - Examples|
Electrical goods (fridges & freezers - clean and empty)
Building rubble and bricks
Bulky Waste Service
We provide a bulky waste collection service at a small cost.
How much does it cost?
- The service charge is £13 per order, plus £7 per item of waste collected. For example, if we collected 2 items from your property it would cost £13, plus £7 for each item so £27 in total.
How to book a collection
You can book and pay for a collection online using the Bulky Waste Online Form (Opens in a New Window). or call 0115 917 7777
Please note we will not help you prepare the item for collection and items must be accessible and put outside by 6.30 am on the allocated collection day.
For details on how we collect, store and retain your personal information please read our full privacy notice.
Terms & Conditions
- By accepting these terms and conditions you are confirming that you have the ownership of the items for disposal and will indemnify the Council against any third party claims made in respect of the items collected and disposed of.
- The service charge is non-refundable
- A cancellations must be made 2 working days prior to the collection date
- Requests for refunds must be made no later than 1 working day before the service is due to take place
- Items cannot be added or amended to the collection after payment has been received
- If a false declaration has been submitted the Council has a legal right to refuse collection and withhold any refunds until the details have been resolved
- The Council will only collect items that are listed on the confirmation order
- All items stated on the confirmation order/quote must be accessible by 6.30 am on the allocated collection day and at the location indicated
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect items which it considers may endanger the health and safety of operatives or which may damage the mechanism of the collection vehicle
Other ways to dispose of your bulky waste
There are other ways you could dispose of your bulky waste including:
- Donating items like furniture to a local charity
- Take suitable items to a Nottinghamshire County Council Household Waste Site (Opens in a New Window)
- Find out about how to dispose of hazardous or dangerous waste
- Find out about how to dispose of clinical waste.
If you remove the waste yourself, you have a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps to check that people removing waste from your premises are authorised to do so.
The fly-tipping of waste is a serious criminal offence which carries a fine of up to £50,000 (unlimited if indicted to the Crown Court) or an offender can even be imprisoned for a maximum of 5 years.
Reasonable steps to take are:
- Ask the waste carrier to provide you with their full address and telephone number.
- Ask to see their waste carrier licence issued by the Environment Agency or Natural Resources Wales.
- Contact the Environment Agency directly on 03708 506 506 and ask for a free instant Waste Carrier Validation Check, alternatively you can check online on the Environment Agency website (opens new window)